Feldenkrais® for Musicians: Meet Aliza
Aliza Stewart began piano lessons at the age of four. She frequently describes music as her "first and most enduring language." She went on to receive an Artist Performance Diploma from the Rubin Academy of Music of the Tel Aviv University, and studied with Maria Curcio Diamond in London. She performed internationally in Israel, England and US for over 40 years.
As a developing young musician, Aliza attended a workshop held by Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais. Although she had approached the workshop as a way to improve her piano performance, she left the workshop with the beginning of a lifelong passion for the Feldenkrais Method. She began to seriously study the method to improve her playing and increase her overall quality of life. After 24 years of practicing the method she has become an accredited Feldenkrais trainer and internationally renowned advocate of Feldenkrais.
Aliza has a private practice in Baltimore MD, and New York City. She also works intensely with many of the top music schools, festivals, and programs in the US and abroad.
Aliza is affiliated with these notable music schools, program and festivals:
- Teaching experience:
- Peabody Conservatory of Music
- Mannes School of Music (Graduate Credit Courses)
- In residence annually:
- Marlboro Festival
- Yellow Barn Festival
- Special workshops:
- Juilliard School
- Manhattan School of Music
- Mannes School of Music
- University of Wisconsin in Madison, music department
- Wappinger ' s Falls, NY (workshop for public school music teachers.
- El Sistema
- In 2008, Aliza traveled to Venezuela where she worked with students and teachers at the acclaimed national Venezuelan classical music programs.
Aliza has also presented classes, workshops, and presentations for many other institutions and organizations, some of which research playing related injuries.
- T. Rowe Price
- Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory
- The Maryland Medical and Chirurgical Society
- The University of Wisconsin at Madison
- The Multiple Sclerosis Society of Maryland
- George Mason University
- Carroll County General Hospital
- Delray School for Kids with Cerebral Palsy
- University of Maryland Medical School
You can learn even more about Aliza by visiting: